The Sohag International Airport is an Egyptian, in 2010 put into operation commercial airport in the same province on the western bank of the Nile. There are regular flight connections between Sohag and, for example, the airports in Cairo, Kuwait, Jeddah or Riyadh.
- URL: Sohag (HMB)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service phone: +20 97 323 7230
- Address: Sohag Int. Airport, Sohag – Kawamel, Sohag Province, Egypt
- Operator: Egypt’s Civil Aviation Authority (ECAA)
- Parking spaces: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Transport connections: The airport is about 45 kilometers south of the city, close to the trunk road to Luxor.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.34%), Tuesday (14.70%), Wednesday (14.70%), Thursday (18.64%), Friday (12.19%), Saturday (13.98%), Sunday (11.47%)
- other spellings: Suhaj, Sawhaj, Sawhāj, Suhag, Sawhádž, Sevhac, Sauhadż, Сохаг, Сухадж, Mubarak International, ソ ハ ー グ, 索哈傑, 소하 그, सोहाग, سوهاج
Most popular destinations from Sohag (flights per week)
- Kuwait International(29, 55.77%)
- Jeddah – King Abdulaziz International(8, 15.38%)
- Riyadh – King Khaled International(5, 9.62%)
- Sharjah(5, 9.62%)
- Cairo(3, 5.77%)
- other (3.85%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Air Cairo(25, 23.15%)
- FlyEgypt(22, 20.37%)
- Air Arabia Egypt(21, 19.44%)
- Jazeera Airways(20, 18.52%)
- Air Arabia(11, 10.19%)
- Egyptair(6, 5.56%)
- other (2.78%)
The airport is located approximately 45 kilometers south of Sohag. It can be reached via the trunk road to Luxor.