The Nuremberg – Albrecht Dürer airport is a major base of operations of the airline Corendon, Euro Wings and Tuifly. As an important infrastructure provider in the Franconian metropolis, it is the second most important in the state of Bavaria after Munich Airport.
- URL: Nuremberg (NUE)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service phone: +49 911 9 37 00
- Address: Nuremberg Airport, Flughafenstrasse 100, D-90411 Nuremberg
- Operator: Flughafen Nürnberg GmbH
- Parking spaces: yes, chargeable, around 9,000 short-term and long-term parking spaces
- Nearby cities: Nuremberg (6 km), Fürth (8 km), Erlangen (11 km), Ingolstadt (86 km), Würzburg (88 km), Regensburg (92 km)
- Transport connections: Autobahn A3, federal road B4 and B2
- Train connections: The underground line 2 runs between Nuremberg main station and the airport, the journey time is approx. 12 minutes.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.25%), Tuesday (14.68%), Wednesday (14.72%), Thursday (13.95%), Friday (15.65%), Saturday (12.01%), Sunday (13.74%)
- other spellings: Nuremberg, Nunberg, Nünberg, Nuenberg, Nueremberg, Nuerenberg, Nurenberg, Nürenberg, Nurembourg, Nuerembourg, Nürnbeg, Nuernbeg, Nürmbeg, Nuermbeg, Nurenbourg, Nurmberg, Nurembergue, Norimberk, Norimberga, Neurenberg, Norymberga, Нюрнέергεuρηu, NyrΝергεμρηu, NyrΝергε, נירנברג, नूर्नबर्ग, เนื อ ร์ น แบร์ ก, ნიურნბერგი, Նյուրնբերգը, ニ ュ ル ン ベ ル ク, 紐倫堡, 뉘른베르크, نورنبرگ, نورنبيرغ
Most popular destinations from Nuremberg (flights per week)
- Frankfurt-Main(40, 10.44%)
- Antalya(31, 8.09%)
- Düsseldorf(29, 7.57%)
- Zurich – Kloten(28, 7.31%)
- Istanbul Airport(28, 7.31%)
- Palma de Mallorca(27, 7.05%)
- Munich(24, 6.27%)
- Amsterdam – Schiphol(24, 6.27%)
- Paris – Charles de Gaulle(21, 5.48%)
- Hamburg – Airport(18, 4.70%)
- other (29.51%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Eurowings(184, 9.32%)
- Lufthansa(142, 7.19%)
- TAP Air Portugal(106, 5.37%)
- Air China(90, 4.56%)
- United Airlines(82, 4.15%)
- Air Canada(81, 4.10%)
- Delta Air Lines(65, 3.29%)
- ANA All Nippon Airways(61, 3.09%)
- Singapore Airlines(57, 2.89%)
- Air Mauritius(57, 2.89%)
- other (53.15%)
The airport, which went into operation in 1955, is located approx. 7 kilometers north of downtown Nuremberg. Drivers can best reach the terminal via the A3 / E35 motorway / Europastraße at the “Nürnberg-Nord” exit or via Bundesstraße 4 at the Schnepfenreuth district.
The underground line 2 runs regularly between the main train station and the airport, the journey time is approx. 12 minutes. Furthermore, the VAG bus lines 32 and 33 run regularly between the Thon stop and the airport. You can find out all current departure times either directly on site or via the Internet.
The first airfield in the Franconian metropolis was inaugurated in 1933 in what is now the Marienberg park north of the city center and destroyed again during the Second World War.
In 1955 the new building followed a little further north of the site at that time. It was the first newly built airport in Germany since the end of the war. Just five years later, Nuremberg was able to show a proud 100,000 passengers. In 1961 the runway was first extended from 1900 to 2300 meters and finally in 1967 to the current length of 2700 meters. This made it possible for the jumbo jets (Boeing 747) emerging at the time to land in Nuremberg.
A further expansion of the site took place in 1977 with the expansion of the main apron, for which only four years later the old building was replaced by a new terminal with an attached visitor terrace.
The most significant economic upswing took place in the 1997/98 financial year, when the airline airberlin started its regular flight operations in Nuremberg and selected the airport as an important strategic hub in its route map alongside Berlin-Tegel and Palma de Mallorca. In the winter season in particular, airberlin bundles its international flight connections, for example to the Canary Islands and North Africa via Nuremberg Airport, so that at peak seasonal times there are more than 20 different airberlin aircraft on the site at the same time.
The construction of a new control tower and the direct subway connection to the main train station took place in 1999 and in 2006, in the course of the 50th anniversary, the completion of a new arrival and departure terminal, which was officially inaugurated in January 2007, followed in 2014 as the last measure with the Renaming to “Albrecht Dürer Airport Nürnberg”.
Statistical historical weather data for Nuremberg
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C|