The Aswan International Airport is one of the most important airports of the North African Arab Republic of Egypt. Aswan, the southernmost city in the country, is like most cities on the banks of the Nile. There are regular scheduled flight connections to the capital, Cairo, from where other connecting flights are possible.
- URL: Aswan (ASW)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service phone: +20 (97) 34-80-333
- Address: Aswan International Airport, Aswan, Egypt
- Operator: Ministry of Civial Aviation & Egyptian Airports Co.
- Parking spaces: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Nearby cities: Aswân (16 km)
- Transport connections: The airport is located approx. 20 kilometers southwest of the city.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.84%), Tuesday (10.77%), Wednesday (17.30%), Thursday (11.99%), Friday (22.31%), Saturday (11.99%), Sunday (8.80%)
- other spellings: Eswan, Daraw Airport, Aswan, Asuán, Asszuan, Assuao, Asuan, Assuão, Aswan-Daraw Airport, Assoean, Asszuán, اسوان, Ασσουάν, Assouan, Asuanas, ア ス ワ ン, أسãوان, 아스완, Asvan, Asuão, आस्वान, Асуан, 阿斯旺
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Egyptair(82, 47.95%)
- Aegean Airlines(41, 23.98%)
- Air India(12, 7.02%)
- Almasria Universal Airlines(4, 2.34%)
- Nile Air(2, 1.17%)
- other (17.54%)
The airport, built in 1956, is located approx. 20 kilometers southwest of Aswan. It can be reached via the trunk road to Abu Simbel.
Historical weather data for Aswan
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C|