The Assiut International Airport is among the ten most important airports in the north African Arab Republic of Egypt. Assiut is located in Middle Egypt and, like most of the country’s cities, lies on the Nile. In addition to some international destinations, e.g. to Saudi Arabia, regular scheduled flight connections to the capital Cairo are offered, from where further connecting flights are possible.
- URL: Assiut (ATZ)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service phone: +20 88 230 1250
- Address: Assiut Airport, Assiut, Egypt
- Operator: Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Parking spaces: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Nearby cities: Assiut (23 km), Mallawi (78 km), Sawhaj (88 km)
- Transport connections: The airport is located directly on the main road to El Kharga, approx. 31 kilometers southwest of Assiut.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (12.82%), Tuesday (10.90%), Wednesday (28.85%), Thursday (19.23%), Friday (5.77%), Saturday (6.41%), Sunday (16.03%)
- other spellings: Assiout, Asyut, Asiut, Asyūţ, Асјут, Asyuth, Assioet, Асьют, Асют, Asjut, اسیوط, 艾斯尤特, ア シ ュ ー ト, 아시 우트, אסיוט, أسيوύ, Ασιιού, Ασιιού,
Most popular destinations from Assiut (flights per week)
- Kuwait International(16, 50.00%)
- Cairo(5, 15.63%)
- Jeddah – King Abdulaziz International(4, 12.50%)
- Sharjah(4, 12.50%)
- Amman – Queen Alia International(2, 6.25%)
- other (3.13%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- FlyEgypt(14, 19.44%)
- Jazeera Airways(13, 18.06%)
- Air Cairo(12, 16.67%)
- Air Arabia(9, 12.50%)
- Egyptair(8, 11.11%)
- Air Arabia Egypt(8, 11.11%)
- Air India(6, 8.33%)
- other (2.78%)
The airport, which went into operation in 1971, is located approx. 31 kilometers southwest of Assiut. It can be reached directly via the trunk road to El Kharga.