The Abu Simbel Airport is one of the major, used mainly tourist traffic airports in the north African Arab Republic of Egypt. The temple complexes, which are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, are located in Nubia, in the south-west of the country, just before the border with Sudan.
There are regular scheduled flight connections to the city of Aswan, approx. 240 kilometers away, and the capital Cairo, from where further connecting flights are possible.
- URL: Abu Simbel (ABS)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service phone: +20 97 340 1701
- Operator: Ministry of Civial Aviation
- Parking spaces: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Transport connections: The airport is located approx. 3 kilometers north of the city and approx. 4 kilometers north of the Ramses II temple.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (23.53%), Tuesday (9.41%), Wednesday (16.47%), Thursday (14.12%), Friday (18.82%), Saturday (15.29%), Sunday (2.35%)
- other spellings: Ebu Simbel, Abou Simbel, Abu Szimbel, Aboe Simbel, Абу Сімбел, Абу Симбел, Αμπού Σίμπελ, أبو سمبل, আবু সিম্বেল, Əbu-Simbel, აბუיمل, מקדשיمب ال, اיبب ال, اיبب ابア ブ ・ シ ン ベ ル 神殿, อา บู ซิ ม เบ ล, 阿布辛拜勒 神廟, Abu Sunbul, Abo Simbel, აბუ-სიმბალი, Abu Simbal, ابو سیمبل
The airport is only 3 kilometers north of the town, directly on the main road from Aswan to Abu Simbel.