The Paderborn / Lippstadt Airport is an international airport in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Paderborn-Lippstadt has a very large catchment area and is very popular with the population because it offers free parking spaces, also for long-term parkers.
Regular scheduled flight connections are currently only offered by Lufthansa to Frankfurt and Munich, in addition, numerous destinations are mostly offered in seasonal scheduled and charter flight traffic.
- URL: Paderborn-Lippstadt (PAD)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service phone: +49 2955 77-0
- Address: Airport Paderborn / Lippstadt, Flughafenstrasse 33, D-33142 Bueren
- Operator: Airport Paderborn-Lippstadt GmbH
- Parking: yes; Approx. 5000 free and chargeable parking spaces, chargeable parking garages, garage spaces that can be booked in advance and mobile home spaces
- Nearby cities: Paderborn (15 km), Bielefeld (47 km), Hamm (57 km), Kassel (70 km), Münster (78 km), Dortmund (81 km), Osnabrück (82 km), Hagen (85 km), Witten (91 km), Göttingen (92 km)
- Transport connections: Motorways A33 and A44, Bundesstrasse B1, Landesstrasse 776
- Train connections: The express bus routes S60 and 460 as well as the night bus route NE16 run regularly between the airport and Paderborn main train station.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.00%), Tuesday (13.60%), Wednesday (13.80%), Thursday (15.13%), Friday (14.73%), Saturday (13.40%), Sunday (13.33%)
- other spellings: Падерборн-Липпштадт, Падэрборн, ปา เด อ ร์ บอ ร์ น, პადერბორნი, פדרבורן, پادربورن, بادربورن, パ ー ダ ー 파더 ル ル.ン,
Most popular destinations from Paderborn-Lippstadt (flights per week)
- Munich (27, 27.84%)
- Antalya (21, 21.65%)
- Palma de Mallorca (19, 19.59%)
- Frankfurt-Main (15, 15.46%)
- Crete – Heraklion (5, 5.15%)
- Fuerteventura (3, 3.09%)
- Kos (2, 2.06%)
- Rhodes (2, 2.06%)
- Hurghada International (1, 1.03%)
- Las Palmas – Gran Canaria (1, 1.03%)
- other (1.04%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Lufthansa(50, 20.66%)
- TUI fly(38, 15.70%)
- South African Airways(31, 12.81%)
- Eurowings(26, 10.74%)
- Sun Express(23, 9.50%)
- United Airlines(19, 7.85%)
- Air Burkina(15, 6.20%)
- Corendon Airlines(10, 4.13%)
- Pegasus Airlines(8, 3.31%)
- Corendon Airlines Europe(4, 1.65%)
- other (7.45%)
The airport is located in the urban area of Büren, approx. 15 kilometers southwest of Paderborn city center and approx. 26 kilometers southeast of Lippstadt city center. Motorists can reach the airport best on the motorway / European route A44 / E331 at exit no. 60 “Buren” and the A33 motorway at exit “Salzkotten”, further via the federal highway 1 and the national road 776
between Paderborn ZOB and the airport, the public city bus lines S60 and 460 as well as the night express line NE16 run regularly, you can find out the current departure times either directly on site or via the Internet.
The 227 hectare airport went into operation in 1971. The driving force here was the development of the region’s business location. An essential component for this is an efficient airport infrastructure. An airport management company was founded in 1969 at the instigation of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
The runway was first extended in 1984. In the 1990s, the airport terminal buildings were built, which were restructured again in 2002 to enable seamless baggage control.
At the beginning of 2009, the Münster district government approved the expansion of the airport. In addition to extending the runway, these expansion measures also include extending the apron area.
Statistical historical weather data for Paderborn-Lippstadt
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C|