The airport Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden, Baden-Airport also called, is the former Canadian military airport “CFB Baden-Söllingen”. It is part of the Baden Airpark complex, which includes the airport, an industrial park and several leisure facilities. In terms of passenger numbers, it is now the second largest in the state of Baden-Württemberg after Stuttgart Airport and an important operational base for the low-cost carrier Ryanair and Tuifly in seasonal charter flights.
- URL: Karlsruhe – Baden Baden (FKB)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service phone: +49 7229 66-2000
- Address: Airport Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden, Victoria Boulevard A 106, D-77836 Rheinmünster
- Operator: Baden-Airpark GmbH
- Parking spaces: yes, chargeable, approx. 3000 short and long-term parking spaces
- Nearby cities: Strasbourg (33 km), Karlsruhe (34 km), Pforzheim (47 km), Stuttgart (81 km), Ludwigshafen (82 km), Heidelberg (84 km), Mannheim (84 km), Freiburg (89 km), Reutlingen (90 km), Heilbronn (92 km)
- Transport connections: Autobahn A5 to the Baden-Baden exit, then continue on federal road 500 in the direction of Iffezheim, from there follow the signs. From France the A35 to the Roppenheim exit and then follow the signs to the airport.
- Train connections: From Karlsruhe or Rastatt ZOB by bus 234, from Baden-Baden ZOB by bus line 205.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.63%), Tuesday (14.63%), Wednesday (11.38%), Thursday (13.82%), Friday (17.62%), Saturday (12.74%), Sunday (15.18%)
- other spellings: Karlsrue, Baden Airpark, Karlsruhen – Baden-Badenin, Карлсруе, Карлсруэ, Карльсруэ, Καρλσρούη – Μπάντεν Μπάντεν, קאר 스루・ デ – באדן, – 巴登 – 巴登, คา ร์ ล ส รู เออ, कार्ल्सरुहे, كارلسروه-بادن بادن, کارلسروهه
Most popular destinations from Karlsruhe – Baden Baden (flights per week)
- Palma de Mallorca(13, 23.21%)
- Crete – Heraklion(4, 7.14%)
- Sibiu(3, 5.36%)
- Tuzla(3, 5.36%)
- Moscow – Vnukovo(3, 5.36%)
- Antalya(2, 3.57%)
- Belgrade(2, 3.57%)
- Kos(2, 3.57%)
- Skopje(2, 3.57%)
- Tenerife South – Reina Sofía(2, 3.57%)
- other (35.72%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Eurowings(42, 37.50%)
- TUI fly(32, 28.57%)
- Wizz Air(24, 21.43%)
- Pobeda Airline(6, 5.36%)
- Corendon Airlines(4, 3.57%)
- other (3.57%)
Baden Airport, which was opened for civil aviation in 1996, is located approximately 39 kilometers southwest of the city of Karlsruhe and approximately 14 kilometers west of Baden-Baden, between the communities of Hügelsheim, Rheinmünster and Söllingen.
The best way to get there by car is either via federal road 36 or via the A5 motorway.
There is a regular shuttle bus service between the airport and Baden-Baden train station; you can find out the current departure times directly on site or on the Internet. Furthermore, the Hahn-Express (line 140) runs regularly on the route from Heidelberg via Karlruhe directly to Baden Airpark, the journey time from Heidelberg is approx. 90 minutes. The local bus route 205 of KVV also connects the airport with the DB train station in Baden-Baden and the bus route 234 of the SWEG connects the airport with the DB train station in Rastatt. You can find out all current departure times either directly on site or via the Internet.
From 1953 to 1993 the airport served as the base for Canadian armed forces. After the withdrawal of the Canadian allies, the airport grounds were reopened for civilian air traffic in 1995, and the first commercially oriented flights took place again in 1997.
Statistical historical weather data for Karlsruhe – Baden
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C|