The Marsa Alam International Airport is a new important commercial airport for Egyptian tourism. The country’s first privately run airport is located in the south of the country, near Port Ghalib and above the dive site of Marsa Alam. Since the airport opened, the often tedious and exhausting bus journey from Hurghada Airport, approx. 270 kilometers further north, has been eliminated.
In addition to the numerous charter flight connections to predominantly other European countries, regular scheduled flight connections to Cairo are offered from Marsa Alam, from where further connecting flights are possible.
- URL: Marsa Alam International Airport (RMF)
- Time zone: GMT 2
- Service phone: +2 65 3700003
- Address: Marsa Alam International Airport, Port Ghalib, Red Sea, Egypt
- Operator: EMAK Marsa Alam for Management & Operation Airports SAE (Aeroports de Paris)
- Parking spaces: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Transport connections: The airport is located at Port Ghalib, approx. 60 kilometers north of Marsa Alam.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.71%), Tuesday (15.28%), Wednesday (9.90%), Thursday (21.36%), Friday (8.06%), Saturday (15.42%), Sunday (15.28%)
- other spellings: מרסה עלאם, Marsa Alem, Марса-Алам, Μάρσα Αλάμ, مرسی علم, 港 阿拉姆, マ ル サ ア ラ ム, مرسى علم
Most popular destinations from Marsa Alam International Airport (flights per week)
- Prague(12, 19.67%)
- Milan – Malpensa(6, 9.84%)
- Cairo(4, 6.56%)
- Verona – Villafranca(3, 4.92%)
- Brussels(3, 4.92%)
- Düsseldorf(3, 4.92%)
- Frankfurt-Main(3, 4.92%)
- Katowice (Katowice)(2, 3.28%)
- Zurich – Kloten(2, 3.28%)
- Warsaw(2, 3.28%)
- other (34.41%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- CSA Czech Airlines(24, 15.89%)
- Neos Air(22, 14.57%)
- TUI fly(16, 10.60%)
- Air Cairo(16, 10.60%)
- TUI fly Belgium(9, 5.96%)
- Egyptair(8, 5.30%)
- Smart Wings(8, 5.30%)
- AlbaStar(8, 5.30%)
- Pelita Air Service(6, 3.97%)
- TUI Airways(4, 2.65%)
- other (19.86%)
The airport, which went into operation in 2003, is located approx. 60 kilometers northwest of Marsa Alam near the village of Port Ghalib. It can be reached via highway # 24 (Suez – Bir Shalatyn). There is neither a taxi nor a bus service at the airport; passengers are usually picked up or brought to their hotels.
Historical weather data for Marsa Alam International Airport
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C||Mean Water Temperature °C|