The Münster-Osnabrück International Airport, formerly just Münster Osnabrück Airport, is one of the most important airports in North Rhine-Westphalia. Lufthansa offers regular scheduled flight connections to Frankfurt and Munich. In addition, Germania is also present at the airport and also offers most of the route connections to several charter destinations.
- URL: Münster – Osnabrück (FMO)
- Time zone: GMT 1
- Service phone: +49 25 71 94 33 60
- Address: Münster / Osnabrück Airport, Hüttruper Heide 71-81, D-48252 Greven
- Operator: Flughafen Münster / Osnabrück GmbH
- Parking spaces: yes, chargeable, approx. 7500 short and long-term parking spaces
- Nearby cities: Münster (19 km), Osnabrück (29 km), Hamm (51 km), Enschede (54 km), Bielefeld (59 km), Recklinghausen (67 km), Dortmund (71 km), Herne (73 km), Bochum (79 km), Gelsenkirchen-Alt (79 km)
- Transport connection: Autobahn / Europastraße A1 / E37 at the exits “Ladbergen” and “Greven”.
- Train connections: The nearest possible train station is about 7 kilometers southwest in Greven.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.29%), Tuesday (13.53%), Wednesday (14.46%), Thursday (15.59%), Friday (15.31%), Saturday (12.95%), Sunday (13.87%)
- other spellings: Мюнстер-Оснабрюк, ミ ュ ン ス タ ー ・ オ ス ナ ブ リ ュ ッ ッ ク 国際 空港, 明斯特 – 奥斯纳 布吕克, Munster-Osnabruck, أسنابروك-ااوا برسن برיו سن برسن مיו, مسن برسن مיוرי سن برسن مמوו أسن برسن مיו سن برسن مמوו أسن برسن
Most popular destinations from Münster – Osnabrück (flights per week)
- Munich(35, 25.18%)
- Frankfurt-Main(32, 23.02%)
- Antalya(24, 17.27%)
- Palma de Mallorca(23, 16.55%)
- Izmir – Adnan Menderes(4, 2.88%)
- Istanbul – Sabiha Gokcen(4, 2.88%)
- Crete – Heraklion(3, 2.16%)
- Rhodes(3, 2.16%)
- Adana(2, 1.44%)
- Kos(2, 1.44%)
- other (5.02%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Lufthansa(77, 15.19%)
- United Airlines(60, 11.83%)
- Sun Express(50, 9.86%)
- TAP Air Portugal(49, 9.66%)
- ANA All Nippon Airways(48, 9.47%)
- Air Canada(40, 7.89%)
- South African Airways(32, 6.31%)
- Corendon Airlines Europe(26, 5.13%)
- Laudamotion(24, 4.73%)
- Air Burkina(22, 4.34%)
- other (15.59%)
The airport, which was opened in 1972 in, is located in the municipality of Greven-Hüttrup, about 31 km southwest of Osnabrück and about 29 km northeast of Münster.
The best way to get to the airport is via the motorway / Europastraße A1 / E37, at the exits “Greven” and “Ladbergen” as well as via the federal highways 475 and 481 in connection with the K9 (roundabout 9 – Hüttruper Straße).
Passengers arriving by train first travel to either Münster, Ibbenbüren or Osnabrück main train station. From Münster there is a connection to the airport with the bus numbers D50, S50 and R51, from Ibbenbüren with the S50 and from Osnabrück with the X150. You can find out the current departure times either directly on site or via the Internet.
Statistical historical weather data for Münster – Osnabrück
|Maximum Temperature °C||Mean Temperature °C||Lowest Temperature °C|