In order to enter Central African Republic, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Central African Republic government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Central African Republic, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Central African Republic.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Central African Republic authorities before posting:
- Fruit and vegetable preserves
- Medical, pharmaceutical or sanitary items
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medicines
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Weights and measures.
All goods require an import permit.
Each item that exceeds 5000 CFA francs requires an invoice.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Central African Republic prohibits:
- Animals and animal products
- Aluminium and articles thereof
- Books and newspapers
- Bullion and currency
- Electrical machinery and equipment
- EMS items containing banknotes
- Firearms and ammunition and parts thereof
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Offensive and threatening messages
- Photographic and cinematographic products
- Precious stones and metals
- Rubber and rubber articles
- Soaps and waxes
- Spirits and Beverages
- Toys, games and parts thereof.