In order to enter Indonesia, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Indonesia government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Indonesia, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Indonesia.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Indonesian authorities before posting:
- Animals and animal products
- Anti-parasite products
- Books, brochures and printed matter
- Dangerous goods; comb or haz materials
- Food and beverages
- Pharmaceutical products
- Plants and parts of plants
- Printed material in Indonesian languages or dialects
- Printed material in Chinese or written in Chinese characters
- Records, cassettes and videos
- Telecommunication equipment
- Wastes; steel copper and brass scraps
- War material
Special documentation requirements
Commercial goods require a copy of invoice with number and date of import permit.
Gift parcels and all associated documentation bear the words gift parcel for the personal use of the addressee.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Indonesia prohibits:
- Animals, live
- Chain letters
- Inorganic chemicals
- Live animals
- Organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals
- Obscene or immoral publications
- Pirated books
- Photographic or cinematographic goods
- Printed books and materials- offensive by nature
- Publications harmful to young people.
Recording video cassettes and laser disks are prohibited under ECI Platinum, ECI and EPI – Parcels.
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under ECI Platinum.