Micronesia Import Restrictions
In order to enter Micronesia, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Micronesia government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Micronesia, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Micronesia.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Micronesian authorities before posting:
- Cotton products, raw
- Insects, dried or preserved
- Insects, live
- Knives with spring blades
- Meat or meat products
- Plants and cuttings
- Reptiles, dried or preserved
- Serums and vaccines
- Tobacco products.
Micronesia admits the following items duty-free:
- Any item, not for resale, to a value of $US10, except tobacco products and perfumes containing alcohol
- Atlases and charts
- Engravings, etchings, lithographs
- Gifts to a value of $US25
- Music in books or sheets
- Newspapers and periodicals
- Printed matter issued by literary or scientific institutions
- Woodcuts and pictorial matter produced by relief or stencil printing process more than 20 years before importation.
Special documentation requirements
Articles that exceed a value of $US500 require a consular invoice endorsed by a united states of America consul. The article must bear the words invoice enclosed.
Country of origin
A conspicuous and indelible stamp or brand of the country of origin (in English) must appear on all commercial items (except books addressed to a library), their containers and packaging.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Micronesia prohibits:
- Abortion procurement items
- Alcohol and spirits
- Chain letters
- Copyright violations
- Foodstuffs, adulterated
- Fruit and vegetables
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Meat and meat products
- Prison-made goods
- Straw, hay or grasses used as packaging
- Trademark violations
- Trademarks, false.