Mozambique Import Restrictions
In order to enter Mozambique, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Mozambique government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Mozambique, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Mozambique.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Mozambique authorities before posting:
- Automobile spare parts
- Chemicals, non-hazardous
- Industrial equipment
- Metals and stones, precious
- Pharmaceutical products
- Photographic appliances
- Plants and parts of plants
- Radio equipment
- Textile articles
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.
Special documentation requirements
Mozambique has no current requirements for special documentation.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable.
The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the ECI customer contact centre on 1800 007 678.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Mozambique prohibits;
- Animals and animal products
- Airline tickets, blank stock
- Bullion and currency
- Dangerous goods, haz. or comb. materials
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Inorganic and organic chemicals
- Photographic or cinematographic products
- Printed articles; books, newspapers- offensive by nature
- Pearls, precious metals and stones
- Vegetable products