Fiji Import Restrictions
In order to enter Fiji, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Fiji government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Fiji, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Fiji.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Fijian authorities before posting:
- Animals and animal products
- Coffee and tea
- Fruit and vegetables
- Milk and butter
- Plants and parts of plants
- Video tapes
- Weapons and parts of weapons
Fiji admits up to 10 kg of tobacco or tobacco products if no other goods are in the same article.
Commercial goods require a certified invoice attached to the outside of the package.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Fiji prohibits
- Arms and ammunition, parts and accessories thereof
- Articles of Iron and steel
- Birds’ eggs
- Dairy products; birds eggs, natural honey, edible parts of animal origin
- Live Animals
- Meat and edible meat offal
- Natural or cultured pearls
- Precious stones and Metals
- Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry