Brazil Import Restrictions
In order to enter Brazil, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Brazil government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Brazil, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Brazil.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Brazilian authorities before posting:
- Colouring matter derived from oil
- Consumer goods, used
- Essences of beverages
- Parasites and insect killers
- Plants, seeds and fruits
- Brazil requires an import permit for all commercial goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit.
Brazil admits postage stamps only in registered letters.
It is obligatory to attach an invoice stating origin of goods to the documentation of the postal remittance in all cases, for commercial or consumption purposes
Medicines must include a document bearing details of their composition on the outside of the packing.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Brazil prohibits:
- Abortion-procurement items
- Animals and animal products, except bees, silkworms and leeches
- Arms and ammunition
- Electronic cigarettes, e-cigarettes,e-ciggies and the like. Including accessories to these devices
- Lottery tickets and circulars
- Organic chemicals
- Miscellaneous chemical products
- Photographic and cinematographic articles
- Pearls, precious stones, jewellery and metal
- Pharmaceutical product
- Postage stamps, unless in registered letters
- Publications of an immoral or subversive nature
- Tobacco, tobacco products and tobacco substitute products
- Weapons and parts of weapons
- Writing material.
Brazil reserves the right not to accept ordinary, registered or insured mail containing coins, bank notes in circulation or securities of any kind payable to the bearer.