Bangladesh Import Restrictions
In order to enter Bangladesh, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Bangladesh government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Bangladesh, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Bangladesh.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Bangladesh authorities before posting:
- Coffee, roasted or ground
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Material sold by the length or piece
- Plants or parts of plants
- Radio apparatus
Commercial goods must include an invoice and a Certificate of Origin.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Bangladesh prohibits:
- Coins, copper or bronze, unless Bangladesh coins
- Coins, counterfeit or imitation
- Cotton, American
- Cotton, silk or woven materials with designs of imitation currency notes
- Mexican jumping beans
- Publications, obscene
- Quinine, rose-coloured
- Stamps, counterfeit or imitation
- Trademarks, British or Bangladesh, false or imitation.
Insured Items – Letters
Bangladesh does not accept insured items containing articles subject to customs duty.