In order to enter Albania, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Albania government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Albania, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Albania.
Senders should determine import restrictions from the Albanian authorities before posting:
- Animal products
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Medicines, unless for a sick person or family member
- Plants and plant products
- Professional instruments
- Scientific or medical-purpose items
- Used items, unless a legacy or sent by a person intending to settle permanently in Albania.
EDN’s and export permits are required for:
- Kangaroo skins
- Crocodile skins
- Emu oil
- Fish oil
- Bunker oil
- Petroleum bases products
- Tobacco and tobacco products
- Any other alcohol including beer and spirits all volumes.
All Parcels must include an invoice and a Certificate of Origin.
The sender and receiver details must be addressed with a valid street address in English. A Post Office Box address is not acceptable.
The sender is responsible for finding if the destination country may impose duties, taxes, brokerage fees or any other fees that may be applied on the item that is being sent. Please contact the consulate office of the country you are sending to or contact the ECI customer contact centre on 1800 007 678.
Commercial goods must include an invoice, a Certificate of Origin, and the necessary permit. Articles with a false declaration of contents are confiscated.
Items arising from a legacy must include an official legacy document.
Medicines for a sick person or family member must include an authorised medical report.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations
- Albanian bank notes
- Animals, live or dead
- Articles sent by political refugees
- Currency and bullion
- Extravagant clothing and other items
- Gambling devices
- Precious metals and stones
- Publications and literature contrary to the political and social system.
Albanian Post does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty.