In order to enter Thailand, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Thailand government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Thailand, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Thailand.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Thailand authorities before posting:
- Animals and animal products
- Foodstuffs, prepared
- Lenses, contact
- Mineral oils
- Medical and surgical instruments
- Measuring Instruments
- Organic composite
- Pharmaceutical products
- Plants and plant products
- Playing cards
- Textiles and textile articles
- Vegetable oils
Thailand exempts articles less than 500 baht value from customs duty.
Special documentation requirements
Commercial goods require an inserted invoice and a Certificate of Origin.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Thailand prohibits:
- Animals, live
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils
- Electronic games
- Handicrafts indicating forged origin
- Mechanical devices with score or marks
- Printed materials; books, articles- offensive by nature
- Postcards and letter paper, unused
- Sugar and sugar confectionary
- Vegetable products
Transporting food of any kind is prohibited under ECI Platinum.