Chile Import Restrictions
In order to enter Chile, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Chile government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Chile, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Chile.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Chilean authorities before posting:
- Animals and plants
- Saccharine and similar substances.
Items containing commercial goods require an invoice stating the country of origin.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Chile prohibits:
- Adulterated beverages and foodstuffs
- Biological or radioactive materials
- Chain letters
- Condensed milk
- Dangerous goods, haz and comb materials
- Infectious disease agents
- Lottery tickets and advertising
- Offensive materials
- Pharmaceutical products and drugs of unknown composition.
Chilean Post does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty.