Cambodia Import Restrictions
In order to enter Cambodia, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Cambodia government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Cambodia, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Cambodia.
All items require an import permit, except:
- Brides trousseaux
- School outfits
- Goods imported by the diplomatic and consular corps
- Non-commercial items to a value of $A40
- Original works of art imported by their author
- Personal effects, clothing and objects
- Provisions for a journey
- Red Cross merchandise
- Returned merchandise of Cambodian origin, provided it has not been altered in any way
- Traveller’s requisites.
The Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia issues all import permits.
Refer to Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations.
Cambodia Post does not accept ordinary and registered letters containing articles subject to customs duty.