Iran Import Restrictions
In order to enter Iran, certain goods are subject to specific controls and, regardless of their value and quantity, they require the consent of Iran government, preferably, license must be obtained prior to passage through the customs, preventing the goods from being retained. On this page, you will see what kinds of items are prohibited from entering the Iran, and which items need special documentation before exporting to Iran.
Senders should determine import restrictions from Iranian authorities before posting:
- Firearms and firearm parts
- Parasites and insect killers
- Photographic apparatus
- Weapons and parts of weapons
Gifts should weigh not more than 10 kg.
Special documentation requirements
Iran imposes import quotas and requires an import permit for many goods. Before posting any item, senders should confirm that the addressee has any necessary permit.
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI International Courier Regulations, Iran prohibits:
- Alcoholic beverages, as well as equipment and machinery for producing wine or alcoholic beverages
- Animal products prohibited by Islamic religion (eg pig’s or dog’s meat together with the skins, hair and wool of such animals)
- Arms and ammunition, except with the agreement of the Defence Ministry
- All kinds of printed material such as pictures, books, magazines, etc.
- Chemical dyes
- Clothing material for resale
- Clothing, used
- Foodstuffs, perishable
- Gold and silver
- Lottery tickets
- Money (coins, bank notes and other securities, etc.)
- Obscene or pornographic pictures and contrary to the Islamic religion
- Printed material such as pictures, books, magazines- offensive by nature
- Razor blades, used
- Radio systems equipped as follows: single sideband, upper sideband, lower sideband, beat frequency oscillator, continuous wave, air band, police band
- Radios equipped with an FM band having a frequency range of 76 to 87 MHz
- Rags made of any kind of textiles
- Subversive or immoral literature and items
- Textile fibres composed of artificial materials and rag fibres
- Tobacco and derivatives
- Tanning wool and textile made of wool or yarn
- Toxic substances
- Trademarks, false or imitated
- Wireless apparatus.