Luxembourg - Kingdom of Steel
Luxembourg is a landlocked country in Western Europe, all known
as the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. An area of 2586 square km.
Population of 446,000, of which 64% of Luxembourg and the rest to
foreigners. The official language is French, German and
Luxembourgish, French and more for the administrative, judicial and
diplomatic; German and more news for newspapers. Residents are
Catholic. Currency is the euro. Capital of Luxembourg (Luxembourg).
From the top down the flag has a red, white and light blue
After early Gaul residence, the Germans invaded in 400 AD with
Luxembourg becoming a Frankish kingdom and part of Charlemagne's
Empire. In AD 963–1554, the Ardennes answered to the Holy Roman
Empire and the Dominion to the Duke of Luxembourg. Between the 15th
and 18th centuries, it was affected by Spanish, French and Austrian
rule. The Vienna Conference in 1815 decided the Grand Duchy of
Luxembourg should belong to the Netherlands, with a part-time King
of the Grand Duke, at the same time be a member of the German
alliance. In 1859, it became recognized as an independent state of
Luxembourg. In 1867, it became neutral and started a constitutional
monarchy in 1868.
Economic and Cultural Customs
Luxembourg is a developed capitalist country but lacks natural
resources and the economy depends heavily on small markets such as
the iron and steel industry, the financial industry and the
broadcast television industry. Luxembourg is known as the "Iron
Kingdom" and its long-term steel production per capita ranks first
in the world. However, more than 95% of the iron ore and coal used
in steelmaking are imported. Luxembourg City is an important
financial center in Europe, behind only New York, London and Tokyo.
The capital of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has a long history,
especially its famous castle. In the history of western Europe, it
has been an important military fortress. It has three retaining
walls, dozens of massive forts, and is known as the "Gibraltar of
the North." Downtown is the valley connected by 110 small bridges.
This is a scenic town located northeast of the Ur Ertel Brook
River that was built in the ninth century. The town built a Gothic
church in 1248 and this remains as one of the country's ancient
religious buildings. The town's secular museum store has a variety
of fine antiquities to show the world the history of civilization in
Luxembourg. The town has an "overhead pulley" up to 440 m, where
visitors can ride to the ancient city. French writer Victor Hugo was